Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November '13 Birchbox!


It's that time of month again ladies (and gents?)! 
We're nearly halfway through November and, tried and true, my Birchbox arrived just on time… emotionally as well; truly I was having an awful day when I finally got home around 10:00pm, opened my mailbox expecting nothing other than bills bills bills, and saw this pink beauty waiting for me. Instant happiness, giddy girl feelings, and bliss! I couldn't have timed this one better myself.

Let's take a peek at what I got this month, shall we?



I love Birchbox, truly I do, but sometimes I really have to question the products they include to correlate with the theme of each box. I honestly don't see what any of these products have to do with "More Good" (not even the pretzel; if your theme has to do with 'more' there probably should have been a few more of those). Especially not when the card itself says "more samples"… this was a typical amount of samples (compared to some previous boxes it's actually on the small/stingy side) so I really don't see where that comes in but oh well! I'm pretty happy with what I got overall, I just wanted to b*tch a little for cheer and good measure ('tis the season).



Birchbox also included this little booklet (I think they do this every year around the holidays… please correct me if I'm wrong) which, I must admit, I always enjoy. Never do I ever end up ordering things from it but I like looking through all of the pictures and seeing what the beauty/home decor/lifestyle world has to offer that I may not know about.




First up we have a shampoo and conditioner which, admittedly, isn't that fun to receive BUT! They came in decent sized little bottles rather than crappy rippy packets! And they smell freaking fantastic (like apples and fruity deliciousness)! And it really doesn't matter but the bottles kind of 'hug' each other because of their design and it's just so effing cute I caaaaaan't! So I'm okay with getting these in my box; it would be better if the two counted as just one sample (since it's ridiculous to just send out a shampoo or conditioner) but that might just be me being greedy.



I honestly never take the time to use pencils on my waterline but I was tickled to receive this pencil from Chella nonetheless. Anything eye-brightening gets my heart pounding (all of you beauty enthusiasts understand that stupid excitement over cosmetics and toiletries, right?) so I'm glad to have this in my stash now, especially because I don't own an actual nude colored pencil! Shocking, I know; name any other color in the rainbow and I probably have it but nude? Not until now.
This highlighting pencil is one of those multi-purpose products that you can use on blemishes, your waterline, around the lips, etc. but, knowing myself as well (and as little) as I do, I know I'm going to be using this solely on my waterline. Something about the thought of rubbing this on a pimple and then around my eye just doesn't sit well with me haha. Regardless, upon swatching the Chella highlighter pencil I found it was creamy, didn't tug, blended seamlessly, and is a great match on me for a skin brightener. I'm very pleased!!



Never will I ever turn down a nail polish so you know I was excited to see this little beauty tucked in my Birchbox. I thought I had a color similar to this already so I wasn't completely overjoyed upon seeing "BALDWIN BLUES" but, after closer inspection and comparison, this is actually unlike anything I own. It's a deep navy blue with a predominant teal undertone and slightly dusty cast… a very pretty color overall and one that I know will get a lot of nail time this Fall and Winter.



Nothing too special here but I was happy to get a little treat in my box this month nonetheless. It's a chocolate dipped pretzel rolled in toffee bits; I've seen and tasted these things before so, like said, nothing unique in this slightly-smaller-than-my-pinky pretzel. It was tasty though and is definitely one of those staple treats to give and receive around the Winter holiday season so the idea was absolutely there with this mini treat. 

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

So bibbidi-bobbidi-boo, that's all I have for you!! I hope you enjoyed taking a nosey through my Birchbox this month and can't wait to hear from you all in the comments below!

Do you have a Birchbox subscription?
What did you get in your box this month?
Don't receive a monthly beauty box?
What do you wish you could have tried for yourself?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

14 comments:

  1. birch box needs to step up their game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I way prefer your nail polish color! I got a silver one. :| It's crazy how different everyone's birchboxes are… I got a totally different lifestyle extra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I hate it when you don't get the nail polish color you wanted… that happened to me with the Ruffian polish a couple (few?) months ago :( But yeah, everyone's boxes really are different it's crazy! One of my best friends got all different things except for the pretzel (her box looked better than mine LOL).

      Delete
  3. I had Birchbox for the longest time, and then I added Ipsy too for the past 4 months. I cancelled my Birchbox because I found that Ipsy puts way more makeup items in their bags.I was kind of sad to cancel Birchbox because I think their packaging looks more mature,or maybe less teen like??? I don't know how to describe it.I do prefer the items in Ipsy though even if their packaging comes in a hot pink ,teeny bobby foil packet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about going the Ipsy route but feel like the last thing I need is more makeup hahaha. I mean, don't get me wrong, the more makeup the merrier, I just feel like it wouldn't get used. I think that's why I stick to birchbox; they seem to do more skin care, hair care, that sort of stuff with a little makeup thrown in so it suits me since I never try new things like that on my own. Who knows though, maybe one day I'll be a convert!! I'm with you though on Ipsy looking more teen-like… I'd probably throw most of the makeup bags the stuff comes in away because they look super young and cheap :p

      Delete
    2. You should try beauty box 5 (12 a month) or Beauty army, they actually let you pick your samples (also 12 a month).

      Delete
    3. Thanks Liz, I've considered both of them but Birchbox hasn't messed up bad enough to make me cancel my subscription yet haha :)

      Delete
  4. I probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I received this in all honesty. Shampoo and conditioner aren't the most exciting of inclusions ... even if the sample size is relatively generous. The pencil and the nail polish are nice though :) And a little treat never goes unappreciated :p But still - I'm generally not that enthused with the idea of subscription boxes unless something is in there I'd want to buy with my own money individually. I prefer to just spend money buying something on my wishlist that I've wanted for ages than get samples that I may or may not like ... but I guess part of the whole point of these kinds of boxes is to introduce you to products/brands you normally wouldn't purchase or have heard of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhhhhhhh I guess I'm just used to getting some bad boxes from month to month so I'm not too disappointed haha. Kind of sad but true. I think what I love most about subscription boxes is the surprise of it all, being introduced to new brands, and getting to try things that I otherwise wouldn't shell out money for on their own. Definitely not for everyone so I understand where you're coming from!! :)

      Delete
  5. I was considering subscribing, but seeing what you got in your box makes me glad that I decided not to. I love my ipsy subscription. The little bags that the items are packaged in are quite handy later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been considering Ipsy for SUCH a long time… I just get scared that it'll turn into more makeup that just gets thrown into the back of my makeup drawer and never looked at again. But who knows! Maybe sometime in the future :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...